It is natural for all couples to experience difficulties from time to time, but if you find yourself feeling really unhappy in your relationship and don’t know how to improve things, you and your partner might benefit from couples counselling.
We are often too close to our own problems to be able to see clearly what is going on and, therefore, talking things through with a qualified and impartial counsellor can be very helpful to:
- Discuss your difficulties in a safe environment
- Untangle some of the seemingly confusing aspects of your relationship
- Help to understand patterns of behaviour and where they may have come from
- Blame each other less and improve levels of communication between you both
- Assist both of you to help make good decisions for the future
The work with couples can help provide clarity and encourages both of you to have an equal voice in the sessions. There is no restriction on how many sessions you can have, but we will negotiate what feels right for both of you at the beginning and during the course of the work. Sessions for couples last 60 minutes.
Counselling offers children and young people a safe and confidential space where they can explore the difficulties they may be experiencing and work towards building their confidence. Counselling can be of enormous help in enabling them to let go of symptoms and behaviours and continue with healthy growth and development.